Reliable Roof Repair Specialists in Toronto
It is hard to find reliable roof repair service specialists that will guarantee effective and affordable roof repair in Toronto. That is exactly why Global One Roofing is here to serve you. Our highly skilled and experienced roof specialists can handle any emergency and non-emergency roof repair job on a residential or commercial property promptly with a guarantee on the quality of service.
Residential Roof Repair Services
Over time, and as we move through the seasons, your home is exposed to a variety of conditions including high winds, heavy rainfall, extreme heat, snow and ice. As the single biggest protection to your home, the roof takes the brunt of this punishment. This makes it crucial for you to regularly inspect your roof to make sure it is in great condition to protect you and your loved ones. Prevention is always better than reaction, particularly when the difference is between a minor repair and a full roof replacement.
Signs a Roof Repair is Needed
- Clawing or curling shingles. This is a sign of a roofing system that is quickly aging and receiving too much heat from the floors below.
- Bare spots and missing granules. A poor drainage design can wash away granules and create a waterfall effect. This physical damage can cause bare spots, and over time, the shingles will harden. The combination of bare spots and missing granules degrades the shingles faster, making a roof repair inevitable.
- Missing or broken shingles.This reduces the roof’s efficiency to drain water from its surface. Additionally, it can be an entry point for water that is not draining enough from the roof.
- Buckling shingles. In high winds, buckling shingles can curl up and be removed from the structure. Ice can also accumulate under the shingle, creating more problems that can be easily prevented with a minor roof repair.
- Damaged flashings. Though not always visible, dried-out caulking is a sign that a roof repair is needed. Contraction and expansion can loosen hardware on the flashing, creating an entry point for water into your home.
Commercial Flat Roof Repair Services
Flat roofs are cost-efficient and practical. It is no surprise, therefore, that they are so common in many large residential and commercial buildings. However, with all its benefits, this roof system requires regular maintenance to ensure it is still functioning well. Leaking is one of the most common problems associated with flat roofs. These leaks can be caused by many factors, including:
- UV rays
- Extreme weather
- Improper roof installation
- Outdated roofing technology
- Improperly installed rooftop equipment
- Pooling water on the roof surface
If not caught in time, these issues can lead to costly problems. We recommend that you perform a roof inspection at least twice a year and after any major storm.
What Type of Flat Roof Maintenance is Needed?
One of the most important and often most neglected flat roof maintenance solutions is keeping the roof drains free of debris. Clogged roof drains will cause water to pond on the roof, which can then seep into flashing seams and freeze, weakening the seams. 90% of all flat roof leaks occur at the flashings. It is, therefore, important to repair the lap seams in the base flashings.
While ponding is the main cause of water leaks, improper workmanship during roof installation can cause many issues that result in leaks or trapped moisture.
Our Commercial Roofing Services and Solutions
Ongoing maintenance and repairs on your flat roof are not only a necessity but also a smart investment that will save you expensive repairs in the long run. At Global One Roofing, we perform flat roof maintenance and repairs on a wide range of flat roofing systems including:
- Torchon and spay applied coating systems
- Tar and gravel roofs
- Built-up roofing systems
- TPO and EPDM roofing systems
Our highly trained and experienced technicians perform every repair or maintenance job with exemplary skill and professionalism using the latest technology and products to ensure that your commercial building is well protected from all elements, round the year.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roof Repairs in Toronto
How Do I Know If I Need a Roof Repair?
It is best to check for visual signs of damage on the roof. If your roof is old and you can spot many signs of damage, you may need a complete roof replacement instead of a repair. If you’re not sure, the best course of action is to hire a professional roofer such as Global One Roofing. We will offer you honest advice for roof repairs in Toronto.
How Much Does It Cost to Repair a Roof in Toronto?
The total cost of roofing repair depends on a variety of factors such as roof height, slope, accessibility, and materials. In addition to this, labour and disposal of the existing roofing materials also play a crucial factor. Our specialists will provide you with an estimate so that you know what to expect and can prepare accordingly.
What Types of Roof Repair Services Do You Offer?
We have the resources and expertise to address all types of roofing problems such as leakages, missing shingles, skylight damage, damage to the chimney and other penetrations, venting problems, damaged flashing, soffit and fascia issues, ice damming, storm damage, and more.
How Long Does a Roof Repair Take?
The duration of roof repairs is unique to each project. Several factors come into play when it comes to determining the time for roof repair. This includes the size of the roof, area, pitch, the shape of the existing deck and roof, the materials used, the intricacies of the building, and more. Our roofers will examine the condition of the roof and provide you with an estimated timeline. We will schedule our roof repair work at your convenience to ensure a hassle-free experience.
Reach Out to Global One Roofing for Your Roof Repair Needs
Contact us today to learn more about our services or to request an inspection or quote for your residential or commercial building.